Thursday, June 19, 2014

My First and My Last

Can anything really compare to pure sound? Waves of emotion washing away emptiness like the flotsam and jetsam of my brainwaves, influenced by the rising of moons circling worlds other than the one I live in. Nothing will prepare you for my mind, and nothing can. Dystopian eras rise and fall in the realm of the Empress, and she wisely decides to let time take its toll. Her Guardian, the King in her heart and the Prince in his world, chases away the sadness like the wind chases the russet leaves of autumn, while the Lord of Foxes sees all and partakes of nothing but the best the world has to offer, included in nothing while influencing everything. The Emperor of Dragons, while a Lord in my land, my mind, guards thoughts and hearts from evil, though not the darkness. And the last, the quiet, the simple Healer, content to stay in the background, content to never stand out, but always there, always watching, never judging. Paramount importance means nothing, when my world flies as straight as the shaft of my arrow. Hands emerge out of the darkness and stretch out, imploring for help, for mercy, for blood and food, for souls, and I turn them all away. A straightjacket of iron envelops my thoughts, but it is one of my own devising. I need it, when a stray thought can pluck a stream from the flows of time ad matter, flinging them out into grey space, or ravage a world, splitting it in half and hurling it to places I would not wish anyone to be. Ever shall I remain, while my blood flows in another’s veins, and never will you see the end of it. My worlds are without end, and they are merely the gemstones in my crown, my coronet. Imperial and eternal, mysterious and ethereal, strange and familiar, haughty and distant, suave and slick. Such a way with words, and so sharp at times, you could slice yourself in half without a second thought. Neverchange everchage: the ocean, the desert, the caverns, the face of the moon. Winding through the lives of others like a ribbon threaded through jammed machinery. Look, make notes, but don’t remember: save your memories for things that you can understand. Things no one can understand will be shown to everyone in their small lifetimes, and some will break the barrier down through sound, through scratches on an old piece of wood, through art, through athletics, through anything, but the majority will see, and forget. Neverremember Everremember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment