Friday, June 20, 2014

Relentless

The beat of life pulses through me. Relentless. Lights flash through fog, and some dance, while others see monsters and run. Relentless. It chases those who run, haunting their thoughts. Relentless. I will never let you go. You will always stay with me. Relentless. The fangs of summer will come down and envelop you like a letter that says both goodbye and afterward. Relentless. The skyline of the city is the profile of my face. Relentless. Say goodbye to the axe, and come with me. Relentless. Lens flares overstated my point of view, and my eyes will drill a hole into you that will sink into eternity. Relentless. Grinding and gnashing of eyeteeth, sharpened to needlepoint speed. Relentless. Vibrations of color and sound enclose and display a dancing figure skater. Relentless. Does nothing make common sense to you? Relentless. I am falling through the dark into the next era of life, and I like it. Relentless. One thing into another, another day, alone together, sharp lines on a cutting skateboard. Relentless. Pulsing through me. Relentless. You will never go. Relentless. Go ahead; go away; far away in another dry land; as far as the eye can see; the apple of my eye; a poison apple. Relentless. It will never stop. Grinding my bones together, crushing my life for the elixir of the young, mortal gods. Relentless. A laundry line turns to flat line: white lines sear my flesh, holding me back as I champ at the bit. Relentless. Black and white and grey turn to red. Relentless. The end is inevitable, invisible, immoral, irrelevant, irritant, insidious, incredible, insipid. Relentless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment