Monday, May 26, 2014

Maybe

I want to meet you again, I want to know you, but I don’t want to learn you. I don’t want to learn you because I want every moment to be fresh, new, a discovery of myself through you. Maybe I don’t want to meet you: maybe I am in love with the idea of you, an idea I can think about whenever my thoughts stray from the beaten path. But still, I know one thing for sure: never stop haunting me. Never stop haunting my thoughts, shadowing every step that they take. But one memory, a faint echo really, makes me hesitate. It is a lesson, learned through trial and error, through ridicule. When you love someone obsessively, every fault, every flaw, is a perfection. But still; the thought of you is so wild and magical, that I can’t help wondering what will be there when we turn the page, together, our hands interlinked. Maybe it will be a fork in the road, and we will go our separate ways, and say goodbye cheerfully, and the book will end. But maybe, just maybe, we will have to turn another page to find out what happens between the princess and the prince. Maybe there will be many pages, and a quiet, wonderful ending. But please: never stop haunting me. Maybe one day I will ask you to stop, to leave my mind, but until then: never stop haunting me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment