Monday, February 24, 2014

A New Book

Dear readers: I've started a new book.
I haven't finished my other one, the Last of Five, but this couldn't wait.
I can't share the book with you because I'm afraid of people stealing it, but I had to share this with someone.
Last night, I woke up sometime in the dark hours, and I had this idea in my head. It was like someone opened me up and put it there. I didn't dream about it. I didn't think about it. It was just there.
I've heard of people who get flashes of inspiration like that, but I have never had it happen that way. My ideas usually start simple. My entire dream universe started with a name, and grew from there. This time, it didn't happen that way.
Anyway, the book is called, "How Beautiful We Were." The funny thing is, it's about a future where humans turn into robots called Androids over their lifetime. This happens because when something breaks or stops working, say, if someone from that future breaks an arm or gets arthritis in their legs, they get a new mechanical arm or a new set of mechanical legs. Since it is a natural thing for the human body to sort of break down over time, eventually, everyone in that world becomes a robot.
The book is about the one person who realized how wrong and unnatural it was for this to happen, and how he challenged the world as he knows it (how he will know it? It's from the future [will be from the future?] and I don't know how to phrase it.)
Anyway, my dearest readers, thank you for letting me share this with you. I'll let you know when I finish writing it, but don't hold your breath. It could be a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment