Monday, January 27, 2014

Why am I not updating?

Dearest of readers...
Why am I not updating as often?
Unfortunately, I must say that it is because I am slightly depressed with blogging.
Depressed, you say?
Yes.
Here's how it goes: I know that many of you check this blog, to see if I updated, but honestly, if you just come to read and enjoy yourself, it's not that personal.
I see how many pageviews I get, but what I mean is, anyone can leave a pageview. Anyone. It takes a personality to leave a comment, or to follow the blog.
I have one follower.
And my follower is my mother. (No offence, Mom. You know I love you.)
Let me lay out a few more statistics.
I have blogged somewheres around 45 posts.
I have had 6 comments in the whole history of this blog. Six.

Readers, that is depressing. Every time I write something, I think, Is this good enough for my blog? Is this good enough for my readers? And many times, it isn't. Sometimes, I rewrite and edit posts over the period of a week, until I think that it's good enough.

When I write an abstract short, it's like I'm capturing one of my moods, a part of my personality, a feeling that I have, and putting it in a cage for you to admire. It's like I'm cutting off a part of myself to show it to you.
And then... Silence.
Nothing.
As you can imagine, I'm wilting. Criticism is a heavy burden, but I would rather bear a terrible critic who commented badly on every post I blogged than this withering silence.
Please, readers: please.
Leave a comment, like a post, like the blog, follow the blog.
Anything.
If there is something you want me to do, say it.
Do you want me to show pictures of myself? Or of my life?
Do you want me to start doing a fashion part of the blog? Show you my favorite outfits and clothes?
Do you want me to share my favorite music or critique books that I read?
Please, please, please, just say something.
And thank you for reading.

1 comment:

  1. I would love some pictures of yourself and your life and a fashion part of the blog would be interesting, as its a new part of you I didn't know about. I have been out of books to read for months so that would also be lovely. :) I also have to apologize for never commenting. I'm sorry. Miss you so much! - Julia

    ReplyDelete