Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Mother and my Horse

My dear, dear readers: I apologize. This is not a post like my other posts. This post brings terrible news with it. 
And I mean dreadful. 
My mom was a horse trainer. She was pretty darn good. She even trained Olympic at the Korean Olympics. 
But I must repeat: she was a horse trainer. 
She dropped horse riding and training for a long time, and now we have two horses: a wonderful Palomino named Peaches and a sweet Paint/Pinto double-registered named Keno's April Fools. 
She went riding off by herself around the farm on Peaches and had an accident. 
When passing close by my Uncle Timothy's, Peaches reared, corkscrewed, and took off. My mom got left behind. 
Luckily, my Uncle Timothy was late out of his driveway because he had just run over two of his guinea hens, and had to stop to put them in the back of his truck. This was the time needed for him to see my mom fall. 
She is getting released from the hospital today, with six broken ribs and a broken collarbone. 
Six broken ribs! Even I was impressed. 
Yesterday morning, she had surgery on her collarbone and had a plate installed. 
Thank you for reading today, and please pray for my Mom. 
Hopefully, this won't set me back too far in getting back to regular updates. 
Thank you again. 
And I miss everyone out in ol' California. 

No comments:

Post a Comment