Thursday, June 4, 2015

You're Not Listening

Black and white, sepia tones, a straight hair standing out from the mess. Make it so, make it so. All alone, but you’ve never looked away from the mirror. Look away, see me standing here. I’m always here, but your reflection is in front of me. Years of building up resistance, a wall of sound, guarding against the silence. My arms are open, waiting for you. Here I am. My love, my life, I’m here, just look up and see: pause the music, and hear me. You can break through if you try, but my words don’t make it. I’ve already gone as far as I can: why do you not see? All you need to do is reach out and find me, find everyone waiting to help you. I’ve left everything for you, left family, friends, and dreams, to give everything to find and keep you. I’m waiting! I’m here! Please! Just turn around, turn away from the mirror, and I will do the rest. Listen to my whispers, and one day, you will see. One day, you will look away, and fall once again into my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment