Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Shatter Me

More fanart! I couldn't help it! And this is the best music video I've ever seen! 
Watch the gears spin, watch the cogs move the arms of the clock that ticks away the rest of my life. I want to break away, but I can’t just shatter the things that make me: I don’t know what will happen. There has to be a way, a way that I can escape this clockwork circus. All the other dolls, all the other acrobats and musicians, they aren’t real, and they aren’t good company, either. Where can I go? Where is the light? I need escape! Dash against the glass tent walls, shatter me! I’m stuck here! Someone has to find me and let me go! Fly away from the audience that watches me with marbles for eyes. It is cold, and I feel empty. But I can’t just give up; that’s not what I was made for. Take me away, let me be, let me live far away! I can’t stand it anymore! I’ll forget the consequences when they come, and dive through the swarm into the cool, silent mirror of the real world. I can’t live here, and a cage is no safe place for a bird. There are just too many cats around here. Clockwork body, let me go. I can’t stay with your forever. Everything is peaceful, though, isn’t it? Maybe that’s why I don’t fit in. I am wild, I am fire, I am a tempest that will break and shatter this frail glass into millions of pieces! You cannot keep a wildfire in a glass jar without exploding. But if that is true…why am I kept here? I told you to let me go! Fire shall burn those who dare to try and bend its will! Perhaps fire will not set me free, then. I must find what will! Strong as stone, but that is no match for iron. As free as water, but even water can be held against its will. I think I might know, now. I remember the dance that my clockwork self was programed to, and rise on my toes. Lifting my arms above my head, I will perform this ballet, and then, unleash the power in my fragile, porcelain chest. Finally, I know. One cannot keep wind in a jar, just like one cannot trap a summer breeze. Sound will break this prison, and sound is what I have. Pure, crystalline notes of nothing but harmony come from me, and I see the walls start to tremble. Jericho fell to the trumpet, and this prison is nothing compared to my voice. I can see the cracks, now: my world is shattering! 

No comments:

Post a Comment