Friday, October 24, 2014

Listen to my Heart for a Time

So hello everyone, y'all probably thought this was an abstract short because of the title but SUPRISE! It's not because I'm working on a new book and I remembered today, "Oh yeah, I have a blog that nobody is going to read because I never post anything anymore" so I really was thinking of you while reading Adam Young's blog and giggling all alone at home to myself. 
Moral of the story? I thought, since National Novel Writing Month was coming up, I'd list all the books I'm working on and tell you a little about all of them. Prepare to be disappointed, though, because several of them have already been abandoned. 








This is how my files look. Very organized, yes. 
So the first book on the list, entitled Blank, is an abandoned one. This one started out as the idea of this young girl who was selected by the government to become a force of the Secretest Secrety Service. (Many of my books will sound like this.) She went through a lot of upgrades and painful things to become this force, and she had a companion who helped her out with everything. Her name was Tagg and his name was Trevor. The idea was that they would eventually overthrow the government, but not fall in love. 
The next book, Centurion, I will have a special post for, since it is new and exciting and wonderful. 
Then, there is How Beautiful We Were. This is about a futuristic society in which everyone eventually turned into robots, since whenever something broke or got old on their bodies - a broken arm or failing eyesight - that part was replaced by a new, robotic part. This even happened to their brains: that is, when someone starts losing memories and getting old, their brain is replaced with a robot one, and they turn into what is called an Android. Well, the grandson of the man who invented the robotic brain, named Jex Gear, is determined to put a stop to it. This is about how he set about doing that.
Next on the list is I Am Nothing. Depressing, right? This is about a girl who is persecuted for being one of the rare magic users in the world. She has two personalities, one for each form of magic: a negative and a positive persona. I got this idea when I was hanging out with some awesome people who were of the Gothic persuasion. I came out one day wearing this brilliant yellow shirt, and the next day dressed like them, in blacks and dark colors. That’s where this one came from. And, unfortunately, it’s halfway abandoned.
Last of Five I’m not going to talk about. Suffice it to say that…. It all started with a name.
Ranco is about a Los Angeles boy who meets a shape-shifter living in the city. They strike up an unlikely friendship and become partners battling crime.
Skye is about freaky government experiments, again. An alien ambassador comes to Earth to ally itself with the American Government, and does so by unlocking elemental powers in certain younger people. And it’s abandoned.
Slash is the biggest book so far in this list. It’s inspired, partially, by the movie “Wreck-It Ralph,” and the songs “Shut Up and Drive,” from that same movie. It’s about underground street racers, explosions, heartbreak, sorrow, loss, revenge, speed, and good looking people. This is a book that I love opening up randomly and adding a few lines to every now and again.
Sylvain Life is a book about an explorer named Ambrose Fontain who believes in elves. He sets out to find one, and does. It doesn’t really have much of a plot, so it’s pretty much abandoned by now.
The Chronicles of Viveria was my first attempt at writing the Last of Five. It didn’t work out, but I never deleted it, for some reason.
The Outfitter was an interesting attempt at a new writing style. It is about a girl named Skeyna and her mother, Morgan. They owned a shop that prepared supplies for adventurers that was pretty successful because the owner, Morgan, had the ability to read her customer’s futures and tell from that what they would need on their adventures. Abandoned due to lack of plot.
The Right Side of the Fence is my attempt at an autobiography about life. Abandoned due to lack of plot. Just kidding! I just never really felt like anything was that important that I needed to write it down.
The Writer’s Passage is about a girl who lives in the time of knights and kings, and who attempts to be accepted into the highly secretive but widely acclaimed Writer’s Guild. (It’s actually where you learn how to write magic. Cool, right?) Once again, abandoned due to writer’s failure.
Werewolf Nightmares was my first and last attempt to write down my frenetic and insane dreams. Abandoned because of sheer psychotic insanity.
So, there you have it! A list of the half-finished books that I have locked away on my computer. TaDa!

Please forgive me for rambling in your ears (eyes?) and spurting nonsense at delicious times of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment