Sunday, September 7, 2014

Chandelier

Look and see, up close, far away. You are the most impressive sight through my eyes. Up, look up. See? I did it! Just for you! A chandelier hanging from a moody, cloudy sky, textured in ways we’ll never feel. Tactile and visual, sunset is not “only,” but full of infinites. Up and up again! We might have been limited before, because we decided that ends were beautiful, and they were, and they still are, but change doesn’t accept ends as part of itself. Pluck at the gilt strings, I’ll play the black and gold faded ones, and percussion goes on and on. The only place in my heart is the sky, but the sky is infinite, so it’s not a bad problem overall. Let’s align our thoughts with our mindset, and see where it takes us. How bad can it be? Let’s do things, with our beautiful minds. Let’s make it rain inside. Let’s put the ocean in a jar. Let’s fall in love. Because love always fits into the big pictures, right? The ones on the screen? I’ll pull down the tailgate on my old white truck, and we’ll sit a spell and make music and laugh and shoot the breeze with each other and no one else. Let’s be country for a little, then change into city slickers, and laugh at how silly we feel. But really, isn’t this small town better than all the biggest cities? It must be. Do you know why? I do. Because I hung a chandelier, a crystal chandelier, from the cloudy sunset sky.


No comments:

Post a Comment