Monday, February 3, 2014

A Book and a Song

Hey hi hello, readers!
Here is a quick review of a book that I didn't remember in time for the last post, and a song that I really like.
The book is called "A Wizard of Earthsea." Tolkein fans, delight! Usula K. Guin is an amazing author, and this book is incredible. I haven't yet had time to read the second or third books, but this one is so good! It is written in the same style as the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and...And I'm definitely not going to go on a mythology/writing style rant, so you'll just have to read it! Appropriate for whoever is able to read it, I suppose.
The song is called, "Radioactive in the Dark." I love to start playing this song for someone, then say, "You've never heard this song before." Invariably, the response is, "Yes I have! Radioactive, by Imagine Dragons!" And it's timed perfectly so that when they say that, the mashup begins. Yes, this is two songs put together, Radioactive and My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark. After I listened to this mashup, I realized, "Wow, these songs are so musically similar!" and they are! Just listen. Oh, by the way, here is a link! Just in case you do want to listen to it.
By the way, readers, if there is a certain book or song or whatever you want me to review and critique, just tell me in the comments! I'll try to read/listen to/whatever the book/song/whatever as soon as I can, and post my thoughts of it.
And I really am trying to get the fashion thing together. Clothes just don't happen to be my forte.

Bye!
And...happy Super Bowl to...Let me google who won...Seahawks fans! And Bronco fans, too, I'm not judging you.

No comments:

Post a Comment