Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What does the Fox say?

If you have read my book before I removed it from the website, then this is for you.
(And I would never actually put this part in my book.)
***
After a bit of searching, Derain found Crevan in Triss's room, sculpting a statue of a bird. Derain sat down across from him, then asked,
"So. They call you Crevan the Fox, right?" Crev looked up, his eyes sparkling.
"Yes, they do. What do they call you?" Ignoring his question, Derain asked,
"What noise does the fox make? I know wolves and bobcats and all those other animals have their own calls, but what does the fox use to communicate?" Crev stared at Derain, his eyes bright, a smile creeping onto his face. Finally, after a long pause, Crevan shook his head and went back to his sculpting.
"It barks." Derain felt disappointed.
"Aronis said you would have a very interesting answer to that question." Crevan smiled again.
"Well, it looks like he was wrong, doesn't it?"
***
Dear readers. I found this. And I couldn't resist. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
***
(Also, have you seen the Fishbowl? It's => thataway. Click to feed them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment